Dr Alf raises an important point about cyber warfare in that China has at least 4 million people engaged in it and is penetrating our networks in Government, the media, Big Business, the military and the inboxes of the rich and powerful.
Russia has 2 million people doing this, mostly in the GRU and India has started to develop its own capability in this area.
We (in the UK) have been spying since Queen Elizabeth I was on the throne, when the first “C” was appointed to her secret service which became the forerunner of what is MI5 and MI6 today.
Spying is necessary for our own security but we seem to have reached a point where the only privacy we have will come from entrusting our thoughts to Basildon Bond and sending an old fashioned letter.
Certainly I have no illusions that any e mail I send and any telephone call and Skype call I make is not being monitored by one of General Alexander’s machines and by ourselves.
The same applies to this and the rest of Dr Alf’s blogs but as concerned citizens who want people to do well, get on and prosper the UK Government and its allies need to focus on really dangerous troublemakers in our midst and further afield who wish to undermine our way of life, establish Caliphates and damage Western interests.
What Angela Merkel‘s mobile has to do with this is another issue which relates to her rising power within Europe , the extent of her relationships with the Chinese, Russian and Brazilian leaderships and her position on Israel vis a vis Iran and the plans for regime change in the Middle East and later Eurasia.
Whereas David Cameron does not get on with these regimes, Angela Merkel does, thus creating mistrust over her long term motives which I think have to do with trade, business and exports rather than geopolitical maneuvering.
- UK Decline and EU Membership: Response to Lord Heseltine – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Sino-German strategic relations and investment in Cyprus offshore gas and oil? – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: London’s astonishing boom can lift the whole of Britain – Benadict Brogan ex Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- How the Western economies should effectively respond to the Chinese economic powerhouse – John A Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- The UK and the new geopolitical reality – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- What European political leaders, especially in UK, should learn from Angela Merkel – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: How should society effectively control the increasing power of the top 1%? – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- The follies of the UK’s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)