Dr Alf is right, world trade is strengthening but the problem is that Europe is not getting its fair share of it, and the UK is still dogged by lack-luster growth insufficient in percentage terms to make any real difference to unemployment.
We (in the UK) still have a trade deficit and have not been in surplus since 1982.
We are not exporting enough and not making and selling enough of the things that people want to be able to pay our way.
David Cameron‘s trip to China is too little, too late and with his insistence on talking about human rights publicly, he will be in danger of ruining the benefits that could flow from this long overdue trip.
A free trade agreement with China will be to their advantage not ours, so once again David Cameron is pressing for the wrong outcome and sabotaging our interests.
- Opinion: The BBC and Jeremy Paxman should tell Downing Street where to go ex Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: OECD educationtoday: Time for the U.S. to Reskill? – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: David Cameron urges UK schools to teach Mandarin – FT.com – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: UK PM Covers Crimes Against Humanity ex Pravda – John Gelmini (activistposter.wordpress.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Cameron must reclaim his party from the rationalists ex Janan Ganes-FT -John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Labour must step in to rescue a generation of doomed youth – Mary Riddell ex Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: UK-FCO holed below the water line – English pravda.ru – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Political Snakes and Ladders: Peter Obone, Lord Ashcroft and David Cameron – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Infographic-Oecd health at a glance 2013 ex Irish Times-John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)