Here’s Marcel Fratzscher’s bio profile:
Marcel Fratzscher, a former head of International Policy Analysis at the European Central Bank, is President of the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin) and Professor of Macroeconomics and Finance at Humboldt University of Berlin.
Whilst, I accept that Angela Merkel is a formidable politician and leader, I fear that she may struggle to find a popular way; on the one hand she has a German domestic audience, reluctant to change, and on the other there is huge problem of trust in beyond Germany’s borders. The challenge will be for Angela Merkel to lead the whole of Europe.
Trust is a rare commodity; it’s so easily lost and very hard to re-create.
In my mind, for Germany to regain trust, it must surely offer concessions to rest of Europe?
- Merkel favored for 3rd term, faces tight outcome (bigstory.ap.org)
- “It Is High Time That Central Banking Is Recognized For The Disease It Is” | Zero Hedge (michaltheil.wordpress.com)
- “It Is High Time That Central Banking Is Recognized For The Disease It Is” (therebel.org)
- ‘Over-Banked’: ECB Tests Set to Reveal German System Flaws (spiegel.de)
- Are central banks hiding the fact they are out of ammo? (forexlive.com)
- “It Is High Time That Central Banking Is Recognized For The Disease It Is” (zerohedge.com)
- Why austerity is the wrong prescription for the euro crisis: Mark Blyth – Project Syndicate (dralfoldman.com)
- The US Military’s Rape Culture by Naomi Wolf – Project Syndicate (dralfoldman.com)
- On Whose Research is the Case for Austerity Mistakenly Based? by Jeffrey Frankel – Project Syndicate (dralfoldman.com)
- Andrew Huszar ( who ran the Federal Reserve’s Mortgage book during chapter one of the Great Recession / Depression beginning in 2008ish ) apologizes to America for the Fed blowing things with QE …..Central Banking a disease – is there a cure ? More t (fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.com)