The answer to Dr Alf’s question is that they will do nothing about the banks as the people who control them (not the directors but those above them), are the ones calling the shots, and are far more powerful than anyone in Government.
Until there are riots in the streets and people rise up en-masse to protest violently, little or nothing will be done to boost exports, increase inward investment or ameliorate the conditions of the vast mass of people who have effectively been written off as not worthy of help.
- Opinion: PM Netanyahu’s remarks in Moscow 20 Nov 2013 – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Stages of Economic Recovery in the UK – Simon Wren-Lewis – Mainly Macro (dralfoldman.com)
- A Hard Look at the Implosion of UK Healthcare – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Infographic-Oecd health at a glance 2013 ex Irish Times-John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Cameron and Osborne want growth – at any cost – Benedict Brogran Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion – ‘Dutch sandwich’ grows as Google shifts €8.8bn to Bermuda ex FT.com – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: Labour must step in to rescue a generation of doomed youth – Mary Riddell ex Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Opinion: The BBC and Jeremy Paxman should tell Downing Street where to go ex Telegraph – John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)
- Alternative views – Wren-Lewis, climate change & UK Conservatives: John Gelmini Vs. Dr Alf (dralfoldman.com)
- Should the OBR independently cost and risk assess UK political manifestos? John Gelmini (dralfoldman.com)