Check out this article from the Independent Newspaper.
Whilst I believe that Berlusconi was well passed his “sell-by” date, it was a sad day for democracy in Europe that a democratically elected political leader could be ousted by another more powerful country and replaced by an unelected bureaucrat accountable to German puppet masters.
- Independent doesn’t mince words in Silvio Berlusconi, Angela Merkel spat | Media Monkey (guardian.co.uk)
- Berlusconi Is Wrong and Merkel Is Right (trenhoteleuropa.wordpress.com)
- If Berlusconi falls as PM then what Europe? (tradingfloor.com)
- The Only Thing Berlusconi Couldn’t Beat Was The Markets (huffingtonpost.ca)
- Berlusconi offers to quit under certain conditions (thestar.com)
- Did you really think Silvio Berlusconi had gone? | Benedetta Brevini (guardian.co.uk)
- Silvio Berlusconi Said Something Really, Really Rude About Angela Merkel (businessinsider.com)
- Silvio Berlusconi Calls Angela Merkel An “Un****able Lard-Arse” (politics.ie)
- Europe will fix the euro, insists Germany’s finance minister (guardian.co.uk)
- Silvio Berlusconi to resign after parliament OKs reforms (csmonitor.com)