P091111CK-0217 President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, along with former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush, pause at the North Memorial Pool of the National September 11 Memorial in New York, N.Y., on the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks against the United States, Sunday, Sept. 11, 2011. The North Memorial pool sits in the footprint of the north tower, formerly 1 World Trade Center. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
This is a good article by the NYT, which is well worth a read. Check it out!
via What Obama Faces in a Campaign Against ISIS – NYTimes.com.
Personally, I’m not convinced that this is robust enough.
Key additional questions are:
- Who is in charge overall?
- Will the US seek UN approval?
- What are the objectives?
- What’s the time-span?
- How will the US avoid collateral damage?
- What about the politics in Syria and the Assad regime?
- How does this so-called strategy dovetail with US security & foreign policy?